TORtec Research Institute was established in Switzerland as a corporate institution for scientific and applied research and design and technological development for the group of companies and is the successor of the Scientific Research Institute (SRI TP)
Main tasks of the Institute are the development of a complex of vortex (gas-dynamic) resonance vortex technologies for the disintegration of substances, mechanoactivation and mechanochemical synthesis of materials as well as education and training of technical specialists in vortex technologies. For this purpose, a scientific and methodological center for training technology service personnel in Germany was created on the basis of the institute.
The long-term work of our scientists and design engineers, led by a member of the Ukrainian Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Doctor of Physical Sciences Viktor Shostak, a complex of technical knowledge and know-how allowed to substantiate and develop new promising directions in different fields of science:
• In solid state chemistry, methods of mechanochemical activation and regulation of reactivity;
• In inorganic and organic chemistry - fundamentally new, non-thermal methods of synthesis;
• In materials science - to create new methods for obtaining materials with new and specified properties, methods for the functionalization of nanostructures, methods for obtaining nanoscale particles and their use for modifying polymer materials;
• In biotechnology - new ways of activating bio- and phytomass, extracting biologically active substances and obtaining native botanical substances;
• In the enrichment processes - "dry" ways of enrichment of mining rocks and technogenic accumulations, methods for uncovering the intergrowth of crystals and enrichment of difficult-to-degrease rocks;
• In catalysis - to implement fundamentally new catalytic processes;
• In various industry technologies - to create new contactless grinding-activating devices and to show their advantages over the well-known traditional devices based on mechanics.
These and some other areas will contribute to progress in various fields of science and technology.