TORtec Research Institute was established in Switzerland as a corporate institution for scientific and applied research and design and technological development for the group of companies and is the successor of the Scientific Research Institute (SRI TP)
The main task of the Institute is the development of a complex of vortex (gas-dynamic) resonance TOR-technologies for the disintegration of substances, mechanoactivation and mechanochemical synthesis of materials.
The long-term work of our scientists and design engineers, led by a member of the Ukrainian Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Doctor of Physical Sciences Viktor Shostak, a complex of technical knowledge and know-how allowed to substantiate and develop new promising directions in different fields of science:
• In solid state chemistry, methods of mechanochemical activation and regulation of reactivity;
• In inorganic and organic chemistry - fundamentally new, non-thermal methods of synthesis;
• In materials science - to create new methods for obtaining materials with new and specified properties, methods for the functionalization of nanostructures, methods for obtaining nanoscale particles and their use for modifying polymer materials;
• In biotechnology - new ways of activating bio- and phytomass, extracting biologically active substances and obtaining native botanical substances;
• In the enrichment processes - "dry" ways of enrichment of mining rocks and technogenic accumulations, methods for uncovering the intergrowth of crystals and enrichment of difficult-to-degrease rocks;
• In catalysis - to implement fundamentally new catalytic processes;
• In various industry technologies - to create new contactless grinding-activating devices and to show their advantages over the well-known traditional devices based on mechanics.
These and some other areas will contribute to progress in various fields of science and technology.
The limits of science are like the horizon: the closer they are to them, the more they move away.
Management of the Institute
Scientific and applied implementation
new technologies, nanotechnology,
Development of the "Tornado",
a material decomposition laboratory,
a water structuring laboratory
Fundamental biological disciplines,
diamonds and lonsdaleites, HPHT processes,
TOR-technologies and new materials
Laboratory of Material Science, New Materials and Composites, TOR-Technologies
Head: Franc Smidt
Laboratory of disintegration of materials and laboratory of water, design bureau "Vortex"
Head: Victor Shostak
Еxperimental phyto-stations in the EU, a plant breeding laboratory
Head: Vladimir Korchagin
Laboratory of new technologies in mineral processing and processing
Head: Valery Larin
Laboratory of Synthesis
Laboratory of synthesis of materials,
Head: Vladimir Chishkala
Laboratory of micro- and molecular biology, pharmacology
Head: Maiia Vergolias
Laboratory of cryptography and distributed registries
Head: Sergey Avetisyan
Laboratory of artificial intelligence and neural networks
Head: Vladimir Gryutsyuna